Presented by Word of Warning, Contact + Dance Manchester
Friday 22 + Saturday 23 April 2016
Celebrating five years of this whirlwind of dance at Contact, Turn’s two day spin around new northern dance saw energy burst from every nook and cranny…
Our eighth annual platform for dancers + dance-makers saw twenty short pieces of new work over two evenings.
Friday 22 April — Jo Ashbridge | Tom Bowes Dance | Giorgio de Carolis | Bridget Fiske + Co. | Gayathri Ganapathy | Lizzie J Klotz | Holly Rush | Stream Project | Lauren Tucker
Saturday 23 April — Brink Dance Company | Ina Colizza + Antonello Apicella | Ekpei, McKie + Withycombe-Wharton | Louise Gibbons | Gracefool Collective | Manoli Moriaty + Frances Kay | Now | Shelley Owen | Joseph Reay-Reid | Adam John Roberts | Sap Dance
What people have said about Turn
★★★★ One of the key events in Manchester’s dance calendar.
The Public Reviews
• Variety of performances and styles was good and prevented the feeling of déjà vu.
• …great that a lot of different performers had the chance and the space to show their pieces.
Audience Feedback from 2015
• Enjoyed the eclectic mix. A good way to sample dance, especially if you haven’t seen a lot before.
• …creative and great to see such different work from emerging artists…
• A real spur to young talent.
Audience Feedback from 2014
• Great to see creative innovative new local work. Really good vibe.
• Weird and wonderful — as always.
• Fantastic platform for artists.
Audience Feedback from 2013